all 46 excuses on my friends wall,
1. i was just really, really early for tomorrow
2. we can’t all be usain bolt
3. in this day and age, we shouldn’t need labels like “late”
4. i had pe first period do you blame me
5. i really, really didn’t want to sing
6. my brother thought it would be hilarious to drop me outside the prison gates
7. you can’t tell me how to live my life
9. my legs fell off and i had to roll all the way to the emergency clinic
10. there was a freak yachting accident
11. i am a fucking retard
12. this is just for my wall
13. do you even read these
14. “it does not matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop”
15. i spent my entire night writing tom daley fanfiction
16. my father left my mother for an air hostess seven years ago do you expect me to get over that emotional trauma overnight
17. sarah palin and i got into a twitter war and i couldn’t leave and let her win
18. traffic jammy jammy jam
19. how can i go to school when alex turner
20. my sim was having an emotional meltdown and i needed to be there for her
21. i was sticking it to the man
22. i spent my entire night worrying if i would ever lose my virginity
23. fifty shades of late; i was walking and then i caught the eye of an attractive member of the opposite sex and we began exchanging significant looks and i knew we would one day make sweet love so i just walked alongside him and tried to catch his eye and to be continued
24. part two he was playing hard to get so we walked and walked and he had the perfect hair colour it was sort of beige brown anyway it turned out he was walking to a bus stop so obviously i had to catch the bus because true love and silently we rode out to papakura and into the sunset
25. my meth lab caught fire
26. my bed is more comfortable than your school will ever be
27. i was sad
28. it was a nice day, so i walked leisurely
29. i had beat my younger brother for saying “swag”
30. i had to travel back to the 1950’s to ensure my birth
31. 2 kool 4 scool
32. i had to stop, collaborate and listen
33. i tried
34. i’m sorry i’m late
it’s not my fault
my auntie was killed
and i joined a cult
35. a haiku about lateness:
late late late late late
late late late late late late late
late late late late late
36. my best friend was telling me how to give a satisfactory blow job i wish i was joking
37. i was fashionably late
38. i was caught in a flash mob true story omfg
39. i did not choose the late life, the late life chose me
45. i was fighting al qaeda
YESSSS IT’S ON MY DASHBOARD AGAIN
the post that doesn’t age
Where To Kid? (Rodimus Prime variant)
Illustration by JP Valderrama
Most of you probably know this is one of the Angel’s from Hellboy. But did you know that this is actually a more accurate protrayel of what angels are apparently supposed to look like according to The Bible? Although, and correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I remember they had 6 wings, covered with eyes on the wings. And had two eyes on their face, but used 2 wings to cover their face at all times, because if a mortal ever saw their face they would die. Angels from the bible are fucking terrifying honestly. :P
Yes they are.
So when Mary was visited by the angel….she was probably shrieking her head off.
Woah, this rules. The Old Testament is so creepy and gnarly.
boring personal tidbit/rambling: When I was a kid I used compulsive behaviors to control my extreme anxiety. I was also raised Southern Pentecostal which focuses a lot on Old Testament scripture. We were told about what angels really looked like in Sunday School when I was 6 or so. The bible mentions multiple faces, being covered in eyeballs, constant singing, lion heads, etc. This spawned an extreme fear of angels and they became the butt of my anxieties (“If I open and close this door 10 times I won’t see an angel”). I use to pray to never see an angel, and I had recurring nightmares that my sister locked me in a room with cement angel statues that came to life and approached me while screaming. Then they would skin me and sacrifice me.
If you think about it, angels are kind of horrifying. Besides being described as beasts and monsters, they’re practically brainless drones. Heavenly angels are only one step removed from demons. The only difference is demons fell from heaven because they chose to follow Lucifer… who was an angel (angel of music and one of god’s favorites). So they are these eyeball covered animal mashed up monsters who were only created to worship for eternity (part of humanities creation was so that something would choose to love god, not just worship him because they were created to). Angels fall into a lot of new age and conspiracy beliefs too which my church believed and taught. We were taught that the supernatural realms went in the order of Heaven, Hell, then Earth. So when the angels fell from heaven with Lucifer, some fell through hell and landed on Earth. We were taught they intermarried with early humans and created giants (Goliath’s origins) and taught witch craft to women (make-up, sluttiness, etc.) Imagine learning all of that nonsense as a 5 year old kid.
HEY!! haha, this is EXACTLY the concept amy & I are messing around with in the angel project. Angels are such creepy and interesting beings when you examine the source material. We’re also playing with the fact that technically, angels have made their only moral choice, and so experience morality only in theory, which is fun
our designs for our angel characters are based on the non-humanoid or vaguely humanoid “canon” angels, which can be anything from a ball of wings covered in eyes to a huge, living wheel to animals on fire
I love it when people actually know Angels are not winged bishies that sparkle and love mankind. They’re abominations, they’re alien, they’re beyond us. They’re creatures that biology as we know it does not apply to. Often they do not love mankind, they love God and God alone.
Really, Neon Genesis Evangeleon had a better idea of what Angels should really look and behave like (mindlessly subservient and driven towards their goal) than any other work of fiction I’ve seen so far. Though I’ve heard some tidbits from Supernatural at least, which has angels taking on human form but describing just what they look like when they’re not wearing their skin.
Just a little side note: the entire concept of the phrase “One-Winged Angel” (from Final Fantasy 7) was based on a phrase in the Bible concerning seraphim. It reads, “Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two they veiled their faces, with two they veiled their feet, and with two they hovered aloft.” This is much more evident in the form of Safer (?) Sephiroth, who has six white wings and one black wing, thus making him a one-winged angel. The description of angels posted above seems to match that near perfectly.
The angel that visited Mary first said “Do not be afraid”
Supposedly, somewhere in a work of text, Christ is described as a gored sheep with many heads and many horns and maybe many nimbuses/halos as well.
The Abrahamic religions were fucking metal, man.
Aren’t Archangels also supposed to be on fire all the time and have flaming swords or something? I think I once heard of something like this.
The Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life are guarded by a Seraph with a flaming sword as I recall.
aw fuck. Luteces. Mah babs. *dreamy science sigh* I love you guys.
Jing n I are probably going to be them for Acen. So watch yo self.
Lot of stuff I’ll probably fix on it btwn now n tomorrow but posting for now.
one day Irrational Sempai will notice me ////T v T////*crawls back into hole*
[ETSY] [13CSHOP for other / specific prints of mine]
Because of the mun and muse. I’m attracted to plague doctors.. XD
I own none of the pics except the secondlife one.
I want my queen bitch of the universe back, not this crap.
This plot is worse than Assassins creed 3. What the fuck.
Gorgar is my favorite pinball table. There is something surreal about it. Also, a kick ass Helloween song (seriously, google it, it’s great).
It’s also the first table to feature digitalized voices. It’s just comined a few prerecorded words in differente phrases. Also, this table is hard as hell.
Photo by Charles Harbutt, 1970s.